Elgin Fox Valley, IL – Don’t throw away free money! Many of my clients have enjoyed much lower mortgage payments by simply obtaining a new lower interest rate via the HARP program. If you are a homeowner who hasn’t refinanced their mortgage, there is still time to save. The federally subsidized HARP program is still in effect and saving homeowners money now through December 31, 2015. Restrictions apply. See the link below for details.
“You may be eligible for HARP if you meet all of the following criteria:
- The mortgage must be owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae.
- The mortgage must have been sold to Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac on or before May 31, 2009.
- The mortgage cannot have been refinanced under HARP previously unless it is a Fannie Mae loan that was refinanced under HARP from March-May, 2009.
- The current loan-to-value (LTV) ratio must be greater than 80%.
- The borrower must be current on the mortgage at the time of the refinance, with a good payment history in the past 12 months.
*Eligibility criteria are for guidance only. Contact your mortgage servicer to see if you are eligible for HARP.”
Check with your local mortgage provider for more details. Freddie and Fannie Mae loans only.